Mother's Day comes amid the flurry of spring activities.
It's a beautiful day to pause and celebrate the mothers we love.
I like that I get celebrated a bit as well.
Alyssa woke up early to make me breakfast. They were having a brunch at church for the women (it was actually for 12 and up girls/women so Alyssa would be there as well), so I told her to make something simple - cinnamon rolls from a can, good old Pillsbury (we don't have Rhodes out here or that would have been the kind we had).
It was nice to come downstairs to the smell of breakfast. I'm usually the one making it and don't have the waft of smell hit me.
In church, the children sang to all the moms. It was the first time my baby was singing (really standing there watching the others sing) and my oldest wasn't singing - children singing on Mother's Day is always sweet.
The girls decorated my bedroom mirror with butterflies on which they had written acrostic poems with words they think of when they think about me. Some were funny, some were sweet, all wonderful.
A month or so ago I got myself a couple of early Mother's Day gifts, the glowing ember Japanese maple below, and a weeping willow (it isn't big enough to be seen in a picture, it just kind of blends in with all the other foliage).
I also got, on Mother's Day, some more things for working outside - one of my favorite places to be. An azalea, new leather work gloves, and a kneeling pad.
At school, Jake had put together a book for me about things he loves. It was great!
To my mother, mother-in-law and all the other mothers who have touched my life and the lives of my family.
Happy Mother's Day!
I like that I get celebrated a bit as well.
Alyssa woke up early to make me breakfast. They were having a brunch at church for the women (it was actually for 12 and up girls/women so Alyssa would be there as well), so I told her to make something simple - cinnamon rolls from a can, good old Pillsbury (we don't have Rhodes out here or that would have been the kind we had).
It was nice to come downstairs to the smell of breakfast. I'm usually the one making it and don't have the waft of smell hit me.
In church, the children sang to all the moms. It was the first time my baby was singing (really standing there watching the others sing) and my oldest wasn't singing - children singing on Mother's Day is always sweet.
The girls decorated my bedroom mirror with butterflies on which they had written acrostic poems with words they think of when they think about me. Some were funny, some were sweet, all wonderful.
A month or so ago I got myself a couple of early Mother's Day gifts, the glowing ember Japanese maple below, and a weeping willow (it isn't big enough to be seen in a picture, it just kind of blends in with all the other foliage).
I also got, on Mother's Day, some more things for working outside - one of my favorite places to be. An azalea, new leather work gloves, and a kneeling pad.
At school, Jake had put together a book for me about things he loves. It was great!To my mother, mother-in-law and all the other mothers who have touched my life and the lives of my family.
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment