I waited to pick strawberries again until everyone could go.
I didn't need my kids mad at me again for picking strawberries without them.
I didn't need my kids mad at me again for picking strawberries without them.
We went for Family Home Evening. Robert came home early and we went out to pick before the rain came through. It started sprinkling when we left - perfect timing.
The strawberries were still very plentiful and we didn't need to move very much to fill our buckets.
What to do with so many berries?!
We had waffles with strawberries and ice cream for dinner.
And I made 4 batches of freezer jam. It was my first go at freezer jam.
I usually want to get berries out of my freezer, not take up more room with jars. But, you can't beat the taste of freezer jam and when we got it from friends it was a coveted item - meaning Robert usually didn't want to share the freezer jam our friend would give him.
There are still enough berries left over for a fresh strawberry pie for Natalie's birthday dessert tomorrow and ones to snack on.
You can never have too many fresh strawberries!
The strawberries were still very plentiful and we didn't need to move very much to fill our buckets.
What to do with so many berries?!
We had waffles with strawberries and ice cream for dinner.
And I made 4 batches of freezer jam. It was my first go at freezer jam.
I usually want to get berries out of my freezer, not take up more room with jars. But, you can't beat the taste of freezer jam and when we got it from friends it was a coveted item - meaning Robert usually didn't want to share the freezer jam our friend would give him.There are still enough berries left over for a fresh strawberry pie for Natalie's birthday dessert tomorrow and ones to snack on.
You can never have too many fresh strawberries!
2 comments:
Yum!
Picking strawberries is one of my most fondest memories with my family. That was nice in Oregon, but here in Arizona I'm not able to give that experience to my kids. I wish I could be making jam with you. That would be so much fun!
Post a Comment