We didn't see any tulips, but lots of other flowers!
Thursday we went to the Botanical Gardens in Atlanta. A bit of a drive, but well worth it! We loved it and could have spent longer than our 4 hours there.
We walked around everywhere, starting with the canopy walk - a walkway that is 40 feet up from the ground.
Thursday we went to the Botanical Gardens in Atlanta. A bit of a drive, but well worth it! We loved it and could have spent longer than our 4 hours there.
We walked around everywhere, starting with the canopy walk - a walkway that is 40 feet up from the ground.
We took lots of pictures - I'm only putting in a fraction!And I found my new favorite plant - Geisha Girl - a hydrangea variety.
Logan found his favorite kid of deer - ornamental.
There were lots of hydrangeas!
It was extra great because we are planning what we want in our back yard and got a lot of ideas. Alyssa was in heaven taking pictures of flowers.



Here is Natalie by the water in front of the conservatory. Alyssa loved the reflection.
Inside the conservatory, we loved all the exhibits: the tropical rotunda, the Madagascar spiny forest (made us think of Grandma and Grandpa Lehnardt on their mission),
but the high altitude tropical area was our favorite - nice and cool.Outside we visited the Aquatic Pond.
After lunch, we walked through the Japanese garden, the edible garden, over the flower bridge and into the children's garden.There they had different play areas, some following stories like Peter Rabbit. Here are the kids hiding in the watering can,
and seeing how they measure up to different flowers.
There were little gnomes living among the rocks.
Right at the entrance to the children's garden was a water area. If I had known this was here I would have been better prepared. As it was, I told the kids they could get their feet and up to their knees wet (I'm so mean, but I knew we had a 1 1/2 hour drive home and there would have been complaining about having wet clothes). We left once the water got too tempting.


1 comment:
So pretty!! It sounds like your summer is off to a great start with some fun field trips and outdoor time. You are so motivating with your garden. I should do more-for right now I leave it mostly to Brad.
Post a Comment