Friday, May 14, 2010

Time To PARTY!!!

Natalie is now one year older, making her an even decade!
We squeezed her friend party into the only Saturday we had available. We were excited for everyone who could make it.
She wanted a pig theme, but with a week to get it together we went with the more general barnyard. I got some straw and filled the pool with it and in it tossed little farm animals.
The girls got to find their animal in the straw! It was quite the search and all the animals were found!I did it inside so Izzy wouldn't get into it. And later, I used the straw in our garden to help maintain moisture. Way for me to reuse!
Next, Natalie wanted her cake and ice cream. I did make a pig cake, with the pig in "mud," that turned out really well and yummy. The girls loved it.Logan was so excited for Natalie's birthday he blew out the candles before she got a chance. We relit the candles for Natalie.
Then we opened gifts.And, they played pin the tail on the pig - a game that never gets old.
They played some horse shoes.And then we taught them the bean game - an old Beckstead staple. They each got to take a bean game home, enough for four players.
They all had a lot of fun.
On Natalie's actual birthday, she got to pick her dinner - Nachos Grande and strawberry pie. OK, the strawberry pie wasn't for her, she loves strawberries just not in pie. She had chocolate ice cream. But, we needed to finish using the strawberries.She got her gifts from the family and loved them all.

We love Natalie and love having her in our family. She is a wonderful girl!
Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Jimmy & Amy said...

It looks like it was great fun! Happy Birthday Natalie!!!What are the rules to the bean game? I know that I've played it and I have the materials to play, I just forgot how :)