Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blueberries


We left on our summer trip right before the blueberries were ready and we were anxious to get back and pick blueberries before they were gone.
There were PLENTY!










Logan would put some in a bucket and put some in his mouth. I didn't move from one spot, there were so many. They had cute little metal buckets for the kids and Jake loved the sound the berries made as they landed on the bottom of the bucket. The bottom soon became covered and didn't make the cool sound. I tried to convince him to dump his bucket in my larger one, so he could hear the cool sound again, but he wasn't about to give up his blueberries! The blueberries were nestled in among some pine trees. It was shaded and a beautiful evening.










The picture below is Natalie's bucket soon after we started picking berries. I didn't take a picture of our bags of blueberries at the end . . . 13.38lbs is quite a bit of berries!
I love blueberries and everyone had so much fun, they asked to go back every day to pick more! As I mentioned before 13.38lbs is quite a bit of berries! I think we are set. We froze them on a cookie sheet so they stayed separated and we can enjoy them for months to come.

Our first blueberry streusel cobbler was a hit (Jake's new favorite, but he wants to try a blueberry pie). Natalie likes the berries, just not in anything. Everyone likes to eat the frozen ones as well. A cool summer treat. Maybe we will need to pick some more before they are gone!


No comments: