Yesterday was a gorgeous fall day!!
A perfect day for a soccer party (I'll post that with all the end of soccer season stuff - yes, it is almost done!) and the elementary school's Fall Festival.
Jake had his last soccer practice and party after, so we dropped the girls off at the Fall Festival and came back later.
This year the school did wristbands - all the activities as much as you want - along with punch cards. I went with the wrist bands so we didn't have to limit the kids to one big activity and having to go home after the cards were done. The wristbands were well worth the money - especially with the rock wall being a favorite for the girls (it would have taken 1/2 the punch card a climb). Alyssa went so often they attendants knew her!
(below is Natalie climbing)
Here are the girls getting ready.
I'm glad I got a shot of both them climbing together (Alyssa is on the right), they usually climbed separately.
Both girls got to the top - here is Alyssa,
and here is Natalie. She is a bit lower down, but you can see the bell swinging.
Jake even tried a couple of time.
There were lots of different activities/booths where you could play games and win tickets (that you could turn in for prizes). My camera battery was really low and I was very limited to my picture taking. Natalie jumped from one activity to another getting tickets and prizes - my arms were laden, especially after she won the cake walk.
Logan did great just walking around and playing on the playground. We stayed until the very end!
On the way to the car, Alyssa and Jake went through the blow-up slide/obstacle course one more time - a race!
Jake won!
I love the picture below because, although Alyssa is just moving her hair out of her face, it looks like she isn't taking her loss well. :)
Alyssa did have to help another little boy, who was stuck, get through the course, so she disputes Jake's win.
At the end, they were also selling the normally $2 hamburgers for 50¢. We got 6 for dinner.
While we gone all day, Robert was home - it was a good day to burn. He got rid of almost all of our piles of tree limbs and bushes - I was very impressed! We had a lot.
By the evening the fire had burned down to perfect marshmallow roasting coals and we took full advantage of it!
The fire had been and still was so hot, that I pulled out some coals closer to the edge for personal roasting areas.
This isn't Alyssa's favorite picture of her, but it was the most perfect marshmallow roasted that evening.
I think I'm going to need to start keeping marshmallows stocked now.
Jake had his last soccer practice and party after, so we dropped the girls off at the Fall Festival and came back later.
This year the school did wristbands - all the activities as much as you want - along with punch cards. I went with the wrist bands so we didn't have to limit the kids to one big activity and having to go home after the cards were done. The wristbands were well worth the money - especially with the rock wall being a favorite for the girls (it would have taken 1/2 the punch card a climb). Alyssa went so often they attendants knew her!
(below is Natalie climbing)
Here are the girls getting ready.
I'm glad I got a shot of both them climbing together (Alyssa is on the right), they usually climbed separately.
Both girls got to the top - here is Alyssa,
and here is Natalie. She is a bit lower down, but you can see the bell swinging.
Jake even tried a couple of time.
There were lots of different activities/booths where you could play games and win tickets (that you could turn in for prizes). My camera battery was really low and I was very limited to my picture taking. Natalie jumped from one activity to another getting tickets and prizes - my arms were laden, especially after she won the cake walk.Logan did great just walking around and playing on the playground. We stayed until the very end!
On the way to the car, Alyssa and Jake went through the blow-up slide/obstacle course one more time - a race!
Jake won!I love the picture below because, although Alyssa is just moving her hair out of her face, it looks like she isn't taking her loss well. :)
Alyssa did have to help another little boy, who was stuck, get through the course, so she disputes Jake's win.
At the end, they were also selling the normally $2 hamburgers for 50¢. We got 6 for dinner.While we gone all day, Robert was home - it was a good day to burn. He got rid of almost all of our piles of tree limbs and bushes - I was very impressed! We had a lot.
By the evening the fire had burned down to perfect marshmallow roasting coals and we took full advantage of it!
The fire had been and still was so hot, that I pulled out some coals closer to the edge for personal roasting areas.
This isn't Alyssa's favorite picture of her, but it was the most perfect marshmallow roasted that evening.
I think I'm going to need to start keeping marshmallows stocked now.
1 comment:
Mmmm. Sounds delicious!
Post a Comment