Friday, May 15, 2009

Breakfast with Jake

Yesterday Natalie's class had breakfast with the parents, this morning Logan and I went to Jake's classroom for breakfast. Logan loves going to school with the kids and being in their classroom. A chocolate covered donut (Logan's favorite) makes the time even sweeter.
Jake had made a plate and I got to look through and take home things he had written throughout the year. It was fun to see his handwriting, spelling, and sentences develop over this past year. Later in the day they were going to be going to the 1st grade classrooms to look around and get a peek at what next year will be like.
Jake has LOVED kindergarten and has really excelled. He has had a fabulous teacher - Mrs. Holly Wolfe. She has been so sweet and encouraging with Jake. I'm so glad he started out his schooling with such a wonderful experience. It really makes a difference.
Miss Lora is the paraprofessional that was in the class with Jake this year and was also key in making this a great year for Jake. He has loved them both.
Kindergarten teachers are GREAT!!
One thing they have done throughout the year in Jake's class is to have the class spotlight one of the students. Miss Holly makes a picture and the students come up with words, using different parts of speech, to describe him. Jake's turn was last week and he came home with his paper. He laughed when I told him I needed to "take a picture of you next to you."
One more week and he'll be a 1st grader!

2 comments:

Jen said...

How wonderful that you got to have breakfast with Jake! Sounds like a wonderful bonding time. *Jeni*

Jimmy & Amy said...

Kindergarten teachers are amazing! Bless them! And yea to Jake!