Spring soccer Saturdays normally consist of three games, back to back to back.
Today it also involved Alyssa's 6-hour chorus rehearsal for their big, end-of-the-year concert in a couple of weeks and Robert at the spring OCAF/Southworks Arts Show.
So, I thought I'd share the rundown:
Today it also involved Alyssa's 6-hour chorus rehearsal for their big, end-of-the-year concert in a couple of weeks and Robert at the spring OCAF/Southworks Arts Show.
So, I thought I'd share the rundown:
Jake's soccer game was first at 9am. He has a lot of fun with his team.
They don't keep score for his age group, but Jake keeps track and he scored 2 of the 5 goals before we had to leave 10 min. early to get Alyssa over to chorus rehearsal before making Natalie's game at 10:15.
Natalie usually asks to play goalie when she is tired, so she can rest a bit. This season there has been too much action. The first game, when she asked to be goalie I got worried. But, she did fabulous. Today the coach started her out there.
She is really getting the hang of it. The coach later moved her to offense for the rest of the game. She did great. But it ended up being their first loss of the season.
Before Natalie's game ended, I went to pick up Alyssa so she could make it to her game on time. Since Natalie and Alyssa play at the same fields, Natalie could stay and finish her game. We even got back in time to watch the last few minutes.Alyssa played the same team they did last Saturday (since going to all girl teams, there aren't very many for her age group and they play most of them twice).
Alyssa always plays all out and today was no exception. Although her team lost, they did better than they did last week against that team.
After dropping Alyssa back off at chorus rehearsal, we stopped by at the Southworks Art Show to see how Robert and Larry were doing selling their benches, tables, etc. Robert made cheese boards and bread boards this year also (I don't have a picture of those, but I'll have to put some in - they're really cool).
This is the show they do in the spring and there is one they do around Christmas time as well.I love every bench Robert has made, they're beautiful. I'm ready for him to make something else for our house, which he said he would - after this show.


1 comment:
Oh man, I know the hustle and bustle of soccer season, et al! Laura's playing soccer right now too! Wasn't it Alyssa who did a head butt goal or am I thinking of someone else? Wahoo! The benches Robert makes are beautiful! I didn't know he was so talented. Way-ta-go Robert! *Jeni*
Post a Comment