A couple of weeks ago I got the van tuned up. It was a bit early for it, but with all the driving we will be doing in the next few weeks we didn't want to wait.
I went to one place to have an free evaluation done - I could see what needed to be done and how much it would cost. Everything looked great, just the spark plugs needed to be replaced and with the tune up the do an engine flush. It would cost over $200 there. I called around and found a place that would do it for under $200 - that's were I went. While they were doing the tune up, the mechanic called me over and told me that the engine and fuel injector should be flushed, that it could increase our gas mileage by 5 mpg - adding $100 to the bill. I told him I would talk to my husband first and to just do the tune up.
Later, in looking on line about engine and fuel injector flushes, we came across an undercover news report about cars that get engine flushes (read the story and watch the video here: "Could This Damage Your Car?") and then within a few days the engine dies and needs to be completely replaced! No auto manufacturer recommends flushes and most say that warranties become invalid if you do flush the engine and then have problems.
So, just change your oil regularly and DON'T FLUSH!
I went to one place to have an free evaluation done - I could see what needed to be done and how much it would cost. Everything looked great, just the spark plugs needed to be replaced and with the tune up the do an engine flush. It would cost over $200 there. I called around and found a place that would do it for under $200 - that's were I went. While they were doing the tune up, the mechanic called me over and told me that the engine and fuel injector should be flushed, that it could increase our gas mileage by 5 mpg - adding $100 to the bill. I told him I would talk to my husband first and to just do the tune up.
Later, in looking on line about engine and fuel injector flushes, we came across an undercover news report about cars that get engine flushes (read the story and watch the video here: "Could This Damage Your Car?") and then within a few days the engine dies and needs to be completely replaced! No auto manufacturer recommends flushes and most say that warranties become invalid if you do flush the engine and then have problems.
So, just change your oil regularly and DON'T FLUSH!
1 comment:
Good to know(with our car history)!
Post a Comment