Robert is out of town for the week. Although we talk on the phone with him daily, I told him I would keep the blog updated so he could see pictures as well. He is missing a very busy week.
(See, Robert is missing)We were going to pick strawberries with some friends, but they had a conflict last minute. I had already told the kids we were going, and Robert said we should still go, so off we went.
With the rain and warm weather, there were more huge and wacky strawberries than when Logan and I picked a couple of weeks ago. Natalie found the one above.
Logan started wondering up and down the rows. That wouldn't have been a problem except he was the bucket holder and Natalie needed the bucket. When she tried to take it from him he screamed that she was taking his strawberries and came to me crying. He wouldn't let her near the bucket. So, Natalie joined the others and I filled Logan's bucket.
We had time, once we were finished, to play at the playground for a bit before heading to McD's for dinner. Natalie and Jake had soccer games and there wasn't enough time to go back home in between. Logan didn't want to leave the sandbox, but french fries and chocolate milk (lovely dinner!) was a big enough draw to get him out without complaining.
Alyssa and I had to divide and conquer the soccer games. She went with Jake and I went with Natalie (she had after game snacks and drinks for her team). I had told Alyssa and Jake that we would get back as soon after Natalie's game as we could (they play on fields a few miles apart from each other), but I'd be late and just wait for me. Jake's coach was great and waited with them as well. Jake told me all about the back flip his coach had done. The coach said that Jake was doing cartwheels during the game and he had told Jake that if he didn't do anymore cartwheels during the game, he would do a back flip after. Alyssa and Jake couldn't talk about anything else the whole way home. It must have been some back flip! What a cool coach!We made it through Monday. On to Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment