Robert is obviously back, as I'm not blogging as vigorously as I was last week. I had been looking forward to him coming home Sunday night and when I talked with him Sunday afternoon, thinking he was at the airport, he reminded me that he was coming back MONDAY, not SUNDAY. I seriously thought he was kidding and didn't really believe him until I got home from church (we were talking on the way home) and looked at his itinerary. I was a bit saddened by that reality and then had to re-plan our Monday night of double soccer games with Jake having a soccer party after his.
Alyssa stayed with Jake (taking pictures) and I took Logan to Natalie's.
Alyssa stayed with Jake (taking pictures) and I took Logan to Natalie's.
Jake had a great game - who wouldn't when the group you're with on the field is all girls!Alyssa took this picture and thought the "fogging" was really cool.
Everyone was very excited to hear, as we were driving home from Jake's soccer party, that Robert's plane had landed in Atlanta and he would be home in a couple of hours.Tuesday became a bit hectic once Alyssa got home from school and we realized we had to leave in 15 minutes to get her to the rehearsal before the chorus concert that night. Of course, it all worked out, but not without some stress on my part - I took Logan and Alyssa and saved seats and Robert brought the others later.
The concert this year was: "Dancing and Singin' Through the Decades"
The concert was fun - long, but fun. I videoed two of the songs Alyssa was in and then got the low battery warning come on the camera.
I did get a shot of the special musical number some teachers put on - YMCA. It was one of the big hits of the night!
You could buy flowers to give - a white rose and carnation. I made Alyssa her own special bouquet for doing so well in chorus this year.
This was the concert that was at the same time as Alyssa's soccer team's tournament game and she missed it. Her team didn't win, so that was that. We wish we could have changed the day of the soccer game or of the chorus concert, but these things come up and there is always next season.TWO more days of school!!!



1 comment:
When are you heading out to MO?
Post a Comment