At the end of last week, my brothers - Eddie and Thomas - came out to Georgia on business. They both spent the night Thursday and then Eddie dropped Thomas off after their business Friday to stay the weekend, and Eddie flew back that night.
It was great to see them both and so fun to have Thomas stay a few extra days.
We went strawberry picking Saturday morning. (I forgot my camera, so no pictures. Robert said I've already blogged strawberry picking twice so I didn't need any more pictures! But, I hadn't taken any with Thomas picking with us and after we played with the duck racing and corn box - you can never have too many pictures!)
We went swimming in the river for the first time this year. The water was still REALLY cold!
But the kids had fun,
and Logan stayed on the shore - which worked out great for me.

Izzy came with us. She loves the river and splashing at her just means a whole lot of water "balls" to try and fetch!


After dinner Saturday, we took Thomas to our favorite ice cream place (we've mentioned this one before) Sweet Retreat.

And before it got too dark we drove around UGA and showed him the campus and stadium. He is an avid BYU fan, but was impressed by the size of Sanford Stadium.
We played lots of games, among which I finally beat him in a game of Wii pool and he finally beat me in Wii cow racing.
Sunday, after dinner, we enjoyed strawberry shortcake for dessert.
After a big birthday breakfast for Thomas this morning - Happy Birthday Thomas!! - he flew back to MO this afternoon.
In the words of Jake: "I'm glad you came, Thomas."
A great way to start summer vacation.
We went strawberry picking Saturday morning. (I forgot my camera, so no pictures. Robert said I've already blogged strawberry picking twice so I didn't need any more pictures! But, I hadn't taken any with Thomas picking with us and after we played with the duck racing and corn box - you can never have too many pictures!)
We went swimming in the river for the first time this year. The water was still REALLY cold!
But the kids had fun,
and Logan stayed on the shore - which worked out great for me.
Izzy came with us. She loves the river and splashing at her just means a whole lot of water "balls" to try and fetch!


After dinner Saturday, we took Thomas to our favorite ice cream place (we've mentioned this one before) Sweet Retreat.

And before it got too dark we drove around UGA and showed him the campus and stadium. He is an avid BYU fan, but was impressed by the size of Sanford Stadium.
We played lots of games, among which I finally beat him in a game of Wii pool and he finally beat me in Wii cow racing.Sunday, after dinner, we enjoyed strawberry shortcake for dessert.
After a big birthday breakfast for Thomas this morning - Happy Birthday Thomas!! - he flew back to MO this afternoon.
In the words of Jake: "I'm glad you came, Thomas."A great way to start summer vacation.
1 comment:
What a wonderful birthday you gave him! It is always so fun to visit your family! Never a dull moment in the Beckstead house! And you always get treated so well! I'll have to fly for my birthday come fall :) (Whenever we have money to do that!)
Post a Comment