A great thing about living in the south is that we get to start picking Strawberries in APRIL!
Soccer has kept us so busy on Saturdays and two evenings a week, that I finally could wait no longer and took Logan to pick berries by ourselves. The expected response came when Natalie got home from school, went in the house, came back out and said: "Mom, I love you and hate you. I love you because you picked strawberries. I hate you because you didn't take me with you!"
We have had lingering cold spells later into this spring, so it took the strawberries a bit longer to be ready. This year they are a bit smaller, but they are still deliciously juicy and sweet!
Soccer has kept us so busy on Saturdays and two evenings a week, that I finally could wait no longer and took Logan to pick berries by ourselves. The expected response came when Natalie got home from school, went in the house, came back out and said: "Mom, I love you and hate you. I love you because you picked strawberries. I hate you because you didn't take me with you!"
We have had lingering cold spells later into this spring, so it took the strawberries a bit longer to be ready. This year they are a bit smaller, but they are still deliciously juicy and sweet!
Logan was a great helper. Once the bucket got too heavy for him he held the flag for me, to mark were we would end picking.
He also got distracted by the cow train they use during their fall activities. We stopped by after we were done filling our buckets.
I allowed the kids to eat some strawberries, but had to then limit them until I got the jam done. Two batches and a bowl of strawberries left over.Once soccer is over (or maybe we'll squeeze it in sooner) we can all go and pick some more - all those for the eating . . . and freezing, for shakes!
Personally, I can't wait for the blueberries!!!




2 comments:
Those look so yummy! Ours are still flowering and green ones...oh well. Someday we'll enjoy the long growing seasons of the south as you do :) Miss ya!
Awesome! I don't think we have anything like that here--we do have a huge pumpkin patch tho. They look so yummy and my mouth was watering at your pie and jam! Mmmmm, wish we lived closer :) *Jeni*
Post a Comment