Jake and Alyssa were very upset that we went raspberry picking without them, so I made sure we didn't go blueberry picking until they could come as well.
I also needed their help - I need my year's supply!
We went to Buffalo Creek Berry Farm for the first time last year, there are two other places in the area for blueberries and we've picked at both of those before, but Buffalo Creek Berry Farm is the best - in many different ways, but especially in big, sweet blueberries!

I also needed their help - I need my year's supply!
We went to Buffalo Creek Berry Farm for the first time last year, there are two other places in the area for blueberries and we've picked at both of those before, but Buffalo Creek Berry Farm is the best - in many different ways, but especially in big, sweet blueberries!

We left early and were the first ones there. The morning was misty and it was fun driving up through the fog. We were hoping to pick in the fog, but it had pretty much burned off by the time we got there.
Being the only ones made me feel like we were on our own berry farm picking our berries. I love that feeling - and one of the things I love about this berry farm.
We each got our bucket and began filling. As one person finishes that person helps someone else. The boys wanted me to help them and when I told them I needed to fill my bucket first they came over, dumped what they had in mine and help finish filling mine so I could then help them. I thought that was pretty funny.It was easy pickings - the bushes were loaded and you didn't have to move much.
Logan liked picking blueberries better than raspberries - no thorns.
After an ant bite - since Jake was picking berries on the bottom branches - Jake picked higher up. But, like I said, there were so many berries it was hard to even decide which ones to grab! I had to keep reminding him to put some in his bucket instead of in his mouth.
We have the "who can find the biggest blueberry" competition. Natalie probably won this year, but it was hard to tell.
Alyssa found a bird's nest in one of the bushes. We all decided that would be the perfect place to live - all your meals within easy reach.
After 4 1/2 gallons - we were done!The buckets are a little deceiving - they filled 6 large mixing bowls when I transferred them to bring them home.
I freeze most of them - blueberries are my favorite eating berry, and save out enough to eat for the next couple of days and to make a pie.I don't know if we'll get back up - it is very tempting for me, I could have a whole freezer full of blueberries!
I always wish I had once April or May rolls around and we run out.
When that happens, June is very far away.
I always wish I had once April or May rolls around and we run out.
When that happens, June is very far away.

No comments:
Post a Comment