Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Styles

The girls, especially Alyssa, had been asking me to take them to get their hair cut for quite a while - like months! A couple of Saturdays ago Robert came in and said he was going to get his hair cut. I told him to take the girls also.
They came back excited to show me their new looks.
Most people didn't notice Alyssa's hair, since she kept it long - although she cut off about 5 inches, but she did add some layering around the face.The stylist asked Robert if it was ok that she cut Natalie's hair in the style Natalie had picked out.
All he said was to make sure it was age appropriate. That's why you take Robert with you - he's fine with most anything.
Very cute.

I had been planning on cutting my hair for some time, wondering if it was long enough to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths - which makes free wigs for cancer patients.
There are two ladies, I greatly admire, who are currently fighting cancer and lost or will lose their hair and I wanted to donate in their honor.
I found some time this past week and got my hair cut.
I had asked to cut off about 9 inches, thinking it would be about at my shoulders. The stylist made a guess with a comb and made the cut.When I got home and measured, the pony tail ended up being 10 1/2 inches!
This was my second donation, the first one was a couple of years ago. I'm enjoying the shorter cut already, and am looking forward to growing it out to donate again in a couple of years.

No comments: