This year I joined a virtual quilting club and started learning how to make different quilt blocks.
Up to now they have been relatively simple squares and triangles.
May's pattern was a bit more of a challenge.
I cut out all the pieces, but procrastinated putting it together for most of the month.
As others finished their squares and posted them on our quilting group's blog there were comments made as to techniques and what worked best for them.
I have never been more grateful for the trial and error of others so I didn't have as many.
I did have to take out a few seams, but no loud frustrations.
April was my month and, now that I've gotten everyone's squares, I have to get to putting it together. Another daunting task that I will hopefully not procrastinate for too long.
Up to now they have been relatively simple squares and triangles.
May's pattern was a bit more of a challenge.
I cut out all the pieces, but procrastinated putting it together for most of the month.As others finished their squares and posted them on our quilting group's blog there were comments made as to techniques and what worked best for them.
I have never been more grateful for the trial and error of others so I didn't have as many.
I did have to take out a few seams, but no loud frustrations.
April was my month and, now that I've gotten everyone's squares, I have to get to putting it together. Another daunting task that I will hopefully not procrastinate for too long.
1 comment:
Your hexagon is my fav!!!! I still have to put mine together-- is it really already June?!?! Can't wait to see the quilt for Logan all put together. The 2 duplicates I sent my 92 year old G-ma did. SHe is almost blind andI know that a lot of the seams don't match up so you don't have to use them if you don't want. She just likes being a part of the group and it gives her something to do:) Miss you and your fam LOTS!
Post a Comment